Saturday, November 6, 2010

Resized Hawaiian shirt

I found a men's Hawaiian shirt at goodwill for $1. I liked the print and wanted to resize it to fit me and my shape. I cut apart the shirt and used Simplicity 9816. I like this shirt pattern as it has different patterns for different cup sizes (no calculating or altering that I would normally need to do) to ensure a good fit. I laid the pattern pieces on the shirt and cut around them. I lined up the bottom hemline on the pattern so I would not have to hem the shirt when I was finished. I also lined up center front with the center front of the pattern so I would not have to redo the buttons or button holes. Sometimes I feel like this is the cheater way to sew, but it saves a lot of time when it is already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment