Saturday, November 6, 2010

Training underwear

I made this training underwear from my flannel stash and the training pants pattern from new conceptions. At first attempt, my toddler refused to wear the underwear and I thought that it may have been uncomfortable for him. On the second attempt, he did wear the underwear and I could see the fit better. The second time around I liked the fit better. The underwear has a high waist design and the leg openings are big. They definitely would not contain a poop on my child who is on the thinner side. When it is time for potty training, I do think that they will serve their purpose (he isn't quite ready yet). If I were to redesign this pattern for a better fit, I would lower the waist (who wears anything that high anymore?) and lower the leg openings so they fit a thinner child a little better.

-My favorites are the frog underwear :)

-Update 2011: I love this pattern now. They flannel is more absorbant than store bought training underwear. Now that my kids are 2 and 3 (instead of 1 when I first made the underwear), the fit is different. It it not too high waisted and fits snugly like it should. It does actually contain poop accidents too. I use these daily with my kids and it saves us a lot of money since we are not buying pull-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment